Saturday, February 2, 2013

Putting Priorities First

I've been struggling lately, and I know it's not just the winter blues.  It's guilt.  I'm not reading my scriptures daily, I'm not taking my vitamins daily, I'm not finding time for exercise.  I'm not taking care of myself physically or spiritually and when I assess my time, I just don't know where to find it?!  I'm a busy woman! 

But then I'm honest with myself.  The first thing I do when I log onto the computer is catch up on Facebook.  Not for hours, but at least 15-30 minutes.  I check on other couponing blogs at least 1x daily, and lately, I waste an hour, or 2, or more daily on Pinterest.  I don't have time to take care of myself?  Really?

So this is part of my "resolutions" or goals for 2013-put priorities first.  I told my husband so he can hold me accountable, and you can too :)  I cannot get onto Facebook until I have read my scriptures.  I cannot get onto coupon blogs until I have taken my vitamins.  And I cannot get onto Pinterest until I've exercised at least 10 minutes.(exception being if I have a recipe pinned I want to make for dinner, but no dilly-dallying).  Does that sound fair?  I've done it so far yesterday and today.  Yesterday, I could not get onto Pinterest because I was too busy with other things and didn't get around to exercising.  Tough luck.  Today, I've earned my Facebook and coupon blogs.  No Pinterest yet, but I will shortly after finishing this post up. 

But some small part of my brain is whispering "You won't last...it's like a diet...eventually you'll indulge and it will all be for naught".  Will I slip?  Yes I will.  So, let's think reward and punishment.  For every week that I follow the plan, I get a massage from my husband.   He doesn't know yet that he will administer the reward, I just decided.  Each time I slip up, I will be punished by...50 crunches.  We'll see how this works out.  How do you find time for things that are important but somehow get pushed to the side?

1 comment:

  1. YouJennifer, change doesnt come in great sweeping swaths, it come line upon line. You are drawing those lines when you decide to make a change and try to do it and keep trying to do it even when you sometimes miss or mess up. Pretty soon the rewards will come and you will look back and see see what you have accomplished. Dont beat yourself up(you are too amazing for tthat) just love yourself and keep trying! Signed, the old lady that has seen lots ;)

    ReplyDelete