Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mexican Bear Lasagna? Whatever it is, it tastes amazing!

Here's my latest creation: tasty goodness.



I rarely follow recipes, and this isn't an exception, but I can share the basics of this tasty creation.

In a square brownie pan I stacked layers of the meat mixture, tortillas, and cream sauce. Baked for about 30 minutes at 350F and viola! Layers of tasty goodness with heart.

The basics:
meat mixture-
bear (Like smokey...my dad's a great hunter and the meat is always enjoyed by our family. We have a specialty processing company prepare the meat so I got it ground and cajun seasoned. A spicy sausage of a more common meat would be just as good I'm sure)
cooked white rice (Cooking for 1 is annoying, so I usually cook a large batch and freeze most for later)
grated zuchinni
grated carrot
shredded cheese
seasonings

cream mixture-
condensed cream of mushroom soup
milk (dilute the soup so it's in between soup and straight from the can)
dried onion
garlic powder
tortillas-plain old white flour do the job :)

I plan to try this one over and over again. I love how the texture of the tortillas keeps it all together unlike lasagna noodles that tend to slip around.

On the size I shredded up some cabbage with some more carrot and zuchinni, tossed in hickory bacon and onion ranch dressing, and devoured :)

No comments:

Post a Comment