Friday, June 1, 2012

*Fresh Summer Idea*

I threw a bachelorette party for my great friend tonight (co-hosted with her sweet sister-in-law) and I decided to do cupcakes.  I have a bunch of cake mixes that I got for cheap from some awesome deals, but no frosting.  I decided to get creative instead of buying or making my own.  We had some blackberries, and pineapple and even mango-all from bountiful baskets.  We then got some strawberries and made 2 purees:pineapple-mango & strawberry-blackberry.  I have this cute little picnic basket that holds ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper.  We decided to put the sauces in there (could have put sprinkles or something in the shakers, but we left them empty).  Guests could squeeze what they wanted on there-it was so good!!!  I think I'll do that again-the only change I would want is maybe adding some lemoney-goodness to the white cake batter-just a little more twist of fresh taste.




And completely off the subject, but I still have a giveaway going on.  Not many entries because I haven't had much time to actively promote.  Enter here, and invite your friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment