Saturday, August 29, 2009

Back on the Bandwagon and a great tip for those with allergies!



My picks of the day include an awesome wooden vintage shelf I found that can be seen better here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29607473

And Here's my pick of the day from my crafting4causes shop>Little One's First Crafting Kit-it has lots of fun little crafty items for your little one to play with, and as usual-all proceeds go to charity! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29737684

As for the crafting4causes shop, I've only sold 2 items this month. I'm really hoping to get more, since it's only $3.10 to the foodbank :( The $3.10 is for 2 listings of tags I had up and they were actually traded away, so I will obviously pay the value that I would have received. Please tell your friends about the good cause and thank you to those who donated for the grab bags, I look forward to the first sale of those with great anticipation!!!

And as promised, a tip for those with allergies-to metals. I can only wear gold so my selection of jewelry is limited and expensive. But I went by a local high end jewelry shop to see if they could help me out. Pictured in the post below you will see the ear-findings I have that I use daily, I have a set in white and yellow gold. Each pair cost $60, but they're a great investment! I simply take off the original ear hooks that come with the earrings and then put on these each day depending on what I feel like. Granted, these days the sensitive earrings are becoming more reliable-there are a few I can wear without problem-but it's nice not to have any restrictions. I know these are pricey and you could probably find somewhere cheaper, but I'm not so worried about a thin gold coating rubbing off or, as some people do, a coating of clear nailpolish coming off.

2 comments:

  1. Very good tip with the cost of gold this should help people with allergies save money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip on the alergies.

    Best wishes with your shop!


    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete