Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DIY Wedding: French Beaded Flowers


This is definitely not a project for the weak at heart but besides my husband, family, and friends, this was the favorite part of my wedding! We only had a 2.5 month engagement so this was a ridiculous feat, but with so much help from friends and family, we accomplished my goal :)

Finding techniques on places like Youtube are limited (my go-to resource for learning new craft talents and techniques) but between that and a few extra sites and books, we were able to make the beauties you see here. Each rose took about 2 hours, my bouquet alone we're estimating took maybe 35 hours to make! All of the wedding party had a bouquet or corsage that they got to keep and we made a few mini bouquets for some tables too. If this isn't your thing, there are still so many options available to you for completely unique or inexpensive bouquets. You can make beautiful flowers origami style or even out of coffee filters! I found my original inspiration on etsy.com where I am offering custom flowers-you can check out more pictures and look into purchasing a hand-beaded beauty of your own here.

No comments:

Post a Comment