Thursday, January 24, 2013

#3 upcycle project for milk jugs

I decided the milk jug opening had potential but couldn't decide what to do with it.  This project took too much time to come up with but it will still be fun.  Ideally, I'd like to just paint these somehow and they would be great for kiddos stacking them...but I couldn't think of a paint that would be ok if a youngin were to slobber all over it.  So it's a fishing game!

I also had some sock/glove hangers that are part of the packaging when you buy them at the store.  Normally they're just tossed, but I knew I could do something with these hooks.  The ones I used are clear so they're hard to see.  I plugged the cap end of the jug openings with foam and colored a fish and point value.  They face down and have a strip of knotted rubber (salvaged from a bike tire) to be able to catch them with the hook.  I then took a dowel and attached string and the hanger/hook to the end.  I like that this is harder than just a magnetic set of felt fish and a magnet on the end of a pole.  I made these all to the size of the blue canister shown, which I still need to finish decorating.  Complicated, but fun.  Any thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment