Friday, March 28, 2014

Thrifty Thursday Meets Fitness Friday~Deals on Healthy Grub

I've been a bit MIA on my blog lately...so life goes!  Especially with spring cleaning and taking on a new job.  I wanted to share some more tips to accompany these that I shared last month for healthy eating on a budget.

Fresh Express brand salads is having a challenge/reward program found at SaladSwap.com
---They've got a bunch of recipes to help shrink that waistline and are giving coupons.  For each 2 salads you buy in a 30 day period, you get a $1 off of 2 coupon (printable).  If you buy 15 or more salads in that 30 days, you get $50 worth of coupons to use for the rest of the year!  Locally, I've been buying Fresh Express brand at Albertson's and Safeway.  You can get any kind-the full kits like caesar salad kits or the cheap 99cent iceberg mixes.  I've stocked up on spinach to mix with my iceberg mixes and to throw in my smoothies (throw in a ton and you can't even taste it with all those delicious bananas and blackberries!).

Speaking of Safeway......
Since Fresh Express is found at Safeway, I also made sure to look up their ecoupons with their JustForU program.  They have discounts when you use their club card, personalized prices on items you purchase frequently, AND have ecoupons all attached to your club card. 


I went to the store yesterday and got this deal:
2 bags of spinach (regularly $3.98 for both)
---club card savings $.98
---Just4U personalized savings (10%) $.30
---Printed coupon $1.00
---Just4U produce coupon (10%) (This ended up being $1.30 off of all of my produce, but I'm not sure how that 10% is calculated...before or after which discounts/coupons...)
2 bags of iceberg mix (regularly $1.98 for both)
---Just4U personalized savings (10%) $.20
---Printed coupon $1.00
---Just4U produce coupon (10%) (This ended up being $1.30 off of all of my produce, but I'm not sure how that 10% is calculated...before or after which discounts/coupons...)
------------------------------
4 bags of salad regularly priced at $6.96 cost me less than $2.48 :)

Here's my 404 calorie lunch from today:

Open Face Salad Sandwich
-whole wheat bun (hidden under all the veggie goodness)
-iceberg mix ($ saved with deal above)
-asparagus ($ saved via SavingStar-see this blog post)
-avocado ($ saved with JustForU deal above)
-tomato ($ saved via Checkout51-see this blog post)
-imitation crab
-lemon juice
-seasoning salt

No comments:

Post a Comment