Friday, January 3, 2014

The Gratitude Bug-have you caught it?

I'm in my 3rd week of having "the crud".  In the lungs, coughing, sore throat, stuffy nose, you know the stuff.  Coughing so hard you nearly throw up...those are good times!  As I have gone through my morning, I took a moment to scratch the surface of my blessings.  Here are just a couple:

Sleeping in: I'm grateful to my mother-in-law who over a year ago referred me to work for my job, where I get to work from home at my own pace.  I'm grateful for my boss for being extremely flexible and paying me well enough to not worry about getting out of bed at an exact time and slave away at work.  I'm grateful for my husband leaving me in bed to go to work-a job that is less than ideal during his Christmas break from school, so we can have financial stability (in case...for example...I make myself go to the dr and get antibiotics).

Breakfast: Breakfast was homemade apple sauce with flax seeds and almonds.  I'm grateful for my parents giving us the leftover apples from their tree and giving me the crockpot a few years back, which I used to make the applesauce.  I'm grateful for the hand blender that my  in-laws gave me for Christmas that I used to blend it up :)  As I prepared my breakfast bowl, I counted the calories I was about to eat and am grateful that my brother has challenged and supported me in being healthier and losing weight.  I'm grateful for a husband who supports me in my weight loss and holds the keys to the safe that has the chocolate locked up (per my request lol).  I'm grateful for the healthy example of my mother-in-law who has taught me many things about eating more naturally, I continue to learn more and more!  I'm grateful for my sister who first introduced me to myfitnesspal.com where I have successfully lost the first 30 pounds since last July.  I am grateful for technology to take pictures to remind myself of my success and motivate me to keep going, to connect me with great friends in a biggest loser challenge where we support each other, to let me learn new tips and find motivation on pinterest.  I'm grateful for my landlords who let us turn their basement into an apartment and give us a killer rental rate, so I could cook, blend, eat, and contemplate the blessings of my breakfast.

Ok, so you're probably tired of hearing me count your blessings.  Go count some of yours :D

No comments:

Post a Comment