Monday, November 23, 2009

The Wonderful World of PLARN :D




So as usual, I see something new and bam-here I am making plarn :D I myself don't have the patience or skill to crochet or knit, but I know how to make plarn-which is yarn made out of plastic. It's a great way to be earth friendly, or just have fun turning trash into treasure. I've just listed my first supply or plarn in my Crafting4Causes shop. This particular ball of white, red, and green plarn is made from bags we've collected from shopping at our closest grocery store. I've got some other color mixes in the works. If you would like to try your hand at making something with this neat 2-ply plarn, I am offering 50% off the sales price off this item for blog followers. You must include a message about this blog in your notes when purchasing to get the refund.

And as for some cool ideas for plarn, here are some awesome examples of what you can make. There's a lot more variety of items you can find on Etsy by searching "plarn" but these are some of my favorites :D


Found Here by: recycyledbyme



Found Here by: Crochooley


Found Here by: blueskybags


Found Here by: blueskybags


Found Here by: Saribellum



Found Here by: blueskybags


Found Here by: blueskybags


Found Here by: debs1967


Found Here by: summersgabby


Found Here by: Crochooley


Found Here by: brij21

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding my plarn bag among these other great plarn creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice thing to do - draw attention to those that are keeping plastic bags out of the landfill. Thank you for showing off my Plastique creations.

    ReplyDelete