Thursday, March 29, 2012

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....


My sister-in-law doesn't live as close to a Target as I do and saw the awesome game deals this week. I told her I'd pick something up for the kiddos for early Christmas shopping. Most selections have been pretty well picked through but I saw the Simon Flash and thought it could be fun for the kids. Then I went to get the free Hasbro card game and all of those tagged for the promo were wiped out. None in the back, signs say "No Rainchecks". A possible shipment tomorrow but no guarantees any of the games are on that truck and it would take another trip to the store. We decided after the promotion and coupons, a $25 game was still a good deal for $5 even if it didn't get sweetened up by an additional free card game.

And then I got an idea...
I've noticed at Target that when they run out of promo items sometimes they hang tags on similar items that state "Instant Subsitute". I found another Hasbro card game that wasn't included in the promo that was only $0.10 more than the others and figured I'd give it a try asking the manager to do an instant substitution. They were kind and did it for me :D Remember this is solely up to their discretion and may not always work. Being kind and shopping/approaching them when the store isn't swamped helps as well I'm sure!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...If you never ask, you'll never get it ;)

1 comment:

  1. thanks SIL, you are awesome, glad we're in this together. We'll have to have a trade day, maybe after the 15th.

    ReplyDelete