Friday, September 18, 2009

Do you ever just have one of those days?

Do you ever wake up and just feel kinda down. Like it's a rainy dreary day...but it's sunshiny? :P I have the day off of my regular job but have picked up 2 jobs substituting at my local school district (I'm in between the 2 right now). I'm supposed to go to the local fair with some friends but I just don't know if I'm going to be up to that :( I need to make my niece a birthday bracelet and ship 2 trades from my jollyjennifer shop...but I just don't feel like doing anything :( I need to re-take more pictures for my shops too. I guess part of the problem is I was on the forum and so many people assume that shops (like mine that claim to donate to charity) are scams :( Don't get me wrong-we shouldn't be naive-there are many out to scam-but it still is sad. I'm grateful that people are trusting me with their donations...I just hope more would sell so the items would do some good! I'm also bummed because of the trial and error that it takes when learning new crafts. I won't go into too much detail-but it's a pain in the backside! Lastly I wonder how many people actually read this blog :P Seems like Christie is the only one that ever comments, lol. Give me a holler if you read please, it would bring a smile to my face! Anyway...

Oh yeah, and my last 2 cents-A lot of people say "I'd rather just donate straight to a cause". I completely understand that myself, I just figure-If I can make something for $5.00 worth of supplies and $5.00 worth of my time-the buyer gets $10.00 worth of product and a warm fuzzy feeling and the charity gets $10.00 from my bank instead of the $5.00 I would have given directly instead of spending on supplies. That math makes sense to me :D My boss's daughter walks dogs for $ each week and gets $40 a week. She turns around and buys dog food with the $40 and donates it all to an animal shelter-what a cool kid! But this way she could spend $40-get cool stuff, and the $ still goes to the shelter. Just a thought...

2 comments:

  1. I just read your blog! I know how hard it is and how easily you can get discouraged. I had "one of those days" just yesterday :). I think what you're doing is amazing. I donate 10% of what I make to charity, but I think it's a good idea to give the customer a chance to feel good about the purchase they're making by telling them how much of their money actually does go to charity. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and P.S., I understand about getting discouraged about crafting techniques too! I laid awake the other night because something I'd been working on hadn't worked out right and I couldn't think of anything else until the next day when went to the craft store, got "plan B" supplies, and figured out how to make it work!

    ReplyDelete