Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tasty Tuesday~Potatoes 3 Ways

I had some potatoes to use up the other day and decided to have some fun.  Instead of boring peeling them I decided to run them through my apple peeler-corer-slicer :)  Because they're longer than an apple, most of the potatoes had to be cut in half to fit in the peeler. 

The cores:

These are fun little guys-I decided to roast them in the oven with some coconut oil and spices-YUM!
For the spiral-cut part....I was lazy and threw them in the crockpot.  I was trying to make a soup but they turned into an unhappy mashed potato experience :P  If I had seasoned better, it would have been great ;)  These would make perfect homemade curly fries, I think I'll try that next time!

I decided to give the peels a good wash and parboiled them.  We fried them up in the morning for hashbrowns :)  I normally would toss the peels but I figure they're just as good for you as the rest and just need a little more TLC. 





1 comment: