Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thrifty Thursday~Keeping it Warm!

I don't know about you, but I'm glad the temperatures are going to be warming up at the end of this week...into the upper teens!  Sooooo cold!

I also live in a basement apartment so the heat rises upstairs...so I have to be creative to stay warm without cranking up the thermostat. 

* Layers and blankets (obviously)

* Bubble wrap-I saw on pinterest that you can put bubble wrap up in windows for extra insulation.  Let me know if you've tried it-I've been meaning to but haven't yet. 

* Focus your heat-we make sure to close off extra rooms that are colder when we're not in them and we use a space heater in rooms we're in to boost the heat when we're there.

*  Re-use your heat.  I make sure every time I use the oven I leave it open afterward-you already paid to heat up that oven, might as well enjoy it as it cools back down!  (Of course...watch out for kiddos and their fingers having access)

Any other tips?  This frozen girl could use them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment