Thursday, October 22, 2009

Do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro?

So this might sound absurd, but I thought that it might be fun and unique to sculpt an ear out of polymer clay and pierce it to display my earrings. I tried but I'm not very good so I think I'll have a family member who is much better at that kind of stuff do it. I got mixed reviews on the forums on whether it was a good idea or not (if it looked like an actual ear-better than the one I made). Most seemed to like it but a few thought it was just too creepy or ineffective. To be honest, $1 worth of clay is cheaper than $40 worth of a manequin, but it's not just about the money, I thought it would be a nice spin. So I need YOUR opinion, what do you think? Please leave me a comment!




I also need your help finding inspiration. I have been lacking in motivation lately, I usually post an item a day in my etsy shops but I am just so slow to getting around to taking pictures and posting. I think I'm just discouraged by the lack of sales :( What do you do to get motivated and inspired? Please leave me your comments!

2 comments:

  1. I understand about lack of motivation. A sale always motivates me! Haha, which I haven't had in a while. But I am trying to spend a bit of time creating each day - I focus on the part I enjoy.

    As far as the ear, I think it's very creative. I understand the mix, however. I have had advice all over the place on Etsy - some say photo on mannequins - then that's too boring - take creative photos - on hooks - in the kitchen - on people - that's gross to take shots on people....I've taken all the advice and I'm trying many different things. I think I've improved, so that is something I've accomplished, but I'm far from where I think I should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, i now have that song stuck in my head :P

    ReplyDelete