Sunday, May 27, 2012

Didn't even pay a penny...buying dog food buys us other groceries!

Apparently the secret to Walmart couponing is to go after 11:30pm the night before a coupon expires....
 I had tried to do this Beneful deal 5x and either surrounding Walmarts did not have them or they refused to follow the company policy with overage.  I read a local blogger saying that suddently the trial size bags popped up at their store so I thought I'd try my luck again.  I was so happy, and to see that they have at least 3x as many as the Walmart that denied us (we left plenty on the shelves still!)
Breakdown:
13 bags dog food @ $1 each-used $2 off MC
2 Jerky @ $1.74-on clearance & having 50% off red tags
Pepper Mayo @ $2.98-used .55 MC
2 Torani (small bottles) @ $3.98-used $1 off MC
The mayo and torani weren't great coupons or sales, but we wanted/needed them-as well as the jerky.  I couldn't believe that it came to exactly $0.00, not having to pay a penny or getting a penny back!  (coupons covered the taxes too)

No comments:

Post a Comment